We are closely watching the situation with Hurricane Irma and will do our best to keep you up-to-date. If you hear anything from your local officials or local news media, please forward that information to email@example.com so that we may keep up-to-date as well.
Our South Carolina offices are closed today.
- Beaufort County, SC – Closed Friday (9/8), Monday (9/11), and Tuesday (9/12).
- Berkeley County, SC – Rescheduling Monday (9/11) and Tuesday (9/12) cases just in case.
- Charleston County, SC – Judicial Center Complex will be closed Friday (9/8), Monday (9/11), and Tuesday (9/12). Any further closures will be communicated through local media. So far, this does not affect any of the individual magistrates, however.
- Horry County, SC – Operating at Level 4. For the latest information please click here to follow Horry County Emergency Management on Facebook or Twitter.
- Richland County, SC – Closed Monday (9/11), and opening at 10 am on Tuesday (9/12).
Currently, we have not been informed of any expected closings in North Carolina counties, but we encourage you to listen to and follow your local authorities and pass along any alerts that you receive.
If the storm impacts your area and courts are closed or delayed, we will contact the clerk of courts the next business day that they are open and reschedule your cases for the first available date. Please allow us ample time to do this after the courts have reopened, especially if multiple counties are affected. We will work as expeditiously as possible, but it sometimes takes several hours or even a few days to reschedule things because the courts are overwhelmed with phone calls and communications. Once cases have been rescheduled, we will update the eviction portal and the system will send out email updates that night.
Please keep an eye on social media alerts from your county officials regarding county closings. Also, you may visit the links below for North Carolina or South Carolina to see if anything has changed. We will send out email alerts and update our website as well. Please be safe.
North Carolina – http://www.nccourts.org/News/Advisories.asp
South Carolina – http://www.scemd.org/closings
Last updated September 8, 2017 at 7:45 pm